discovering me

Unraveling the Mystery of the Self (check out my other blog at - http://myteo.blogspot.com/)

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

New addiction...

There's never a shortage of things that one can get addicted to. There are certain things that you've been doing since a long time, and are still addicted (like eating!), and some things that you've never tried before, and like it so much the first time, that you end up getting addicted to it. I tried something new today, which I'd never done before, and it had me addicted to it in no time. I'm referring to online shopping. The ease with which one can shop online, and pay instantly through online payments (credit card not required!) is amazing. I was just searching for a book (Good Omens), and a VCD (Sliding Doors), and although I didn't buy either of them - as they weren't available on Indiatimes - I ended up buying a DVD player! The sheer convenience makes it so good to buy things online. Even though the concept hasn't picked up much in India - due to various factors like you cannot see the actual product, you wary of online payments, etc. - it's sure to boom in times to come.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM, June 24, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Today blogging has me addicted :) I just cant stop myself from visiting and reading everyone's blogs...
    I dont know if i'll ever be comfortable with online shopping...

    but well internet itself is addictive, so what's to say of something that comes as a part of it :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home